One of Brisbane’s most-sought after suburbs, Bulimba is located 4km north-east from the CBD on the southern-bank of Brisbane river. The village-vibe of Bulimba is renowned and its bustling dining and shopping strip – Oxford St – is its major drawcard for locals and visitors alike. Combine this with a mix of old and new styles of architecture and you’ve got a suburb that is hard to match. Catch a CityCat to work and you’re living your best life!
As well as its own cinema, a vibrant nightlife on Oxford St, Bulimba has plenty on offer during the day including beautiful parks, a golf course, fashion boutiques and chic cafes.
Bulimba has good transport options with ferry and bus services.
Popular with long term residents including young and mature professionals and established and new families, Bulimba is a Brisbane suburb that has it all.
Renovated Queenslanders, colonial houses, post-war cottages, boutique apartments and waterfront contemporary masterpieces. Bulimba has a type of home for every discerning buyer. Bulimba’s most luxurious properties and contemporary residences are located along Bulimba’s riverfront and come complete with private jetties pontoons and city views.
Bulimba is set to gain significant additional housing with the development of Bulimba Barracks, Brisbane’s next master planned urban development. This is a 20-hectare riverfront site that will be developed over the next 8-10 years. The site will include a range of housing types with houses and units (no higher than five storeys) as well as riverfront parkland, a Riverwalk and cycle path. No doubt this development will add even more interest to an already exciting suburb.
Why We Love Bulimba
Ask residents, and many will agree, Bulimba is a one of the best suburbs in Brisbane to live. Here a list of our top reasons why we love it so much:
- Bulimba has not one but two ferry wharves. One on Oxford St and one on Apollo Rd. Bulimba residents can catch CityCat services to the city as well as a Cross River service to Teneriffe. The Oxford St Ferry Terminal is one of Bulimba’s heritage-listed sites.
- Bulimba has everything in one place. Oxford St is a thriving shopping, entertainment and dining strip that is bustling during the day and buzzing during the night. Favourite spots for locals include Il Molo for sunset drinks and Italian pizzas and pastas, Revel Brewing for craft beer and wood-fired pizzas, Oxford 152 for more drinks and craft beer, and Balmoral Cineplex for movies.
- It has high quality schools including Bulimba State School, which is another heritage listed site and Saint Peter and Paul’s Catholic Primary School. Nearby is Lourdes Hill College, an all-girls’ Catholic High School, and Balmoral State High School.
- It has several great parks including Bulimba Memorial Park, which is heritage listed on Oxford St, Vic Lucas Park, Bulimba Riverside Park, Addison Ave Park, an off-leash dog park, Johnston Park, Love Street Park, Merry St Park, Portside Place Park and Myuna St Park to name a few. It even has its own golf course, home of the Bulimba Golf Club
- Bulimba’s community spirit comes alive in its sporting clubs of which it has many. Southside Eagles Football Club (one of the largest clubs in Queensland) is at the heart of Bulimba and located centrally at Bulimba Memorial park. The Easts Toothless Tigers is an over 35s rugby union club, Bulimba Sports Club is home of the Riverside Rebels Rugby Club and there is also the Bulimba Valleys Rugby League Football Club. There are several sailing clubs including the Brisbane Sailing Squadron.
- It’s not only conveniently located to the city it is also nearby to Brisbane Airport, The Gabba, Fortitude Valley, and New Farm. Residents are just a ferry stop away from New Farm Park, the Powerhouse, New Farm Farmers’ Market, Teneriffe and other riverside suburbs.
Thinking about buying property in Bulimba? We are a specialist Brisbane Buyer’s Agent and are more than happy to have a chat. Please contact us to see if Bulimba is the right suburb for you.