Hendra is a highly desirable and fast-growing pocket of Brisbane offering a first-class lifestyle, easy access to Brisbane CBD, Brisbane airport and the Brisbane River along with a range of lifestyle amenities including its very own racecourse. This northern suburb is situated only six kilometres from the city and is favoured by families for its quiet streets, being a racehorse district, parks and beautiful tree-lined streets.
Do you want to know if Hendra is the right place for you to call home?
Families in Hendra have an array of government and private schools to choose from in their area:
- Hendra State School
- Aviation High
- Our Lady Help of Christian’s Primary School
- St Agatha’s Primary School
- St Rita’s College
- Clayfield College
- St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School
Homes of Hendra
Established traditional character Queenslander homes on beautiful wide tree lined streets are the main feature of Hendra. In the past, there were more post-war homes, but these have been gradually knocked down and re-built with contemporary homes changing the architectural landscape of Hendra to a more diverse appearance. Hendra’s zoning is mostly character residential means that there are minimal apartments and townhouses in the suburb.
Do you want more information about Hendra’s suburb profile to plan your next move?
Why We Love Hendra
Our Hendra suburb profile sums up why we why we love it so much. Here is our key reasons:-
- It’s picturesque with beautiful character homes and high-end new homes on wide tree-line streets, particularly around TC Beirne Park, and neighbourhood vibe makes Hendra the perfect place to live.
- You are nearby to world-class amenity – the Racecourse Village with its shops, Racecourse Road and Portside at Hamilton with its dining and shopping mecca DFO.
- Eagle Farm and Doomben Racecourses are nearby for locals who enjoy a day out at the track and for fun, fitness and adventure there is Australia’s only indoor ski and adventure park, Urban Xtreme Rock Climbing, Ski and Adventure Sport Centre. Everything is at your fingertips for convenience and lifestyle in Hendra.
- Where else can you live and hear horses clip-clopping down the street? If you live in the stable district side of Hendra this is a daily, unique feature that is enjoyed.
- There are parks for families including the pretty TC Beirne Park which is located on Gerler Road and nearby the popular local favourite, Dandelion & Driftwood Café. Bannister Park also on Gerler Road is another Hendra green space and home to the All Stars Baseball Club and the Northern Suburbs Bridge Club.
- The commute time to the city and airport is very quick (around 6 minutes). Locals are spoilt for choice when it comes to transport options with Hendra train station and Brett’s Wharf Ferry nearby as well. Numerous bus lines also service the area and Hendra has easy access to all major arterial roads and tunnels including the Inner-City Bypass, the Clem 7 and Legacy Way.
Thinking about buying property in Hendra? Need to know the prime pockets of Hendra? We are a specialist Hendra buyer’s agent. As a specialist Hendra buyer’s agent and Brisbane buyer’s agent we are always happy to have a chat.
Please contact us to see if Hendra is the right suburb for you.