Situated in Brisbane’s inner north-west, only four kilometres from the city and sitting alongside Enoggera Creek, Newmarket is a much-loved inner suburb of Brisbane. Newmarket has everything on its doorstep – the CBD, top private and government schools, a hospital, a fantastic shopping village and cafes and restaurants galore. The café and dining scene for families in Newmarket is unbeatable and so is the access to parks and bikeways, sporting and recreation facilities and green spaces. Newmarket is the whole package.
There are so many great schools around Newmarket, in particular private schools but also the highly regarded Kelvin Grove State College. Families in Windsor are perfectly located to take advantage of all the excellent educational facilities in the vicinity.
- Newmarket State School
- Kelvin Grove State High School
- St Ambrose’s Primary School
Families love the blend of homes on offer in Newmarket – elegantly renovated Queenslanders, heritage and character homes, Colonial cottages and architecturally designed contemporary residences. Sitting on quiet residential streets many of the elevated homes enjoy city views.
Why We Love Newmarket
Newmarket is a highly sought-after suburb for families to live for so many reasons. Here is a list of our top reasons why we love it so much:
- It so conveniently located near everything: the CBD, top inner city private schools, the Royal Brisbane Hospital, the airport, shops (Newmarket Village with over 30 specialty shops), Queensland University of Technology Kelvin Grove campus and Kelvin Grove Urban Village, and Victoria Park Golf Course. It has its own boutique cinema, artisan patisserie (the Red Brick Bakery Crust & Co), and public swimming pool.
- Newmarket Pool, Brisbane City Football Club at Newmarket Park/Spencer Park, and nearby Downey Park Netball Club in Windsor are all drawcards that bring sport-lovers to the area and act as community hubs for locals.
- The Enoggera Creek and the Enoggera Creek Bikeway run through Newmarket providing locals and visitors with long, flat walking, cycling and running tracks and are surrounded by large expanses of green space for families. Other parks in Newmarket include McCook Park, Newmarket Dog Park, Picot Street Park, and Lanham Park.
- A leisurely stroll to Newmarket Village is a great place to find anything a family could need. It has: a supermarket, a cinema, and an amazing array of place to eat including a gelateria, creperie, Korean and Japanese restaurants. Nearby is the Wilston café precinct with even more cafes and restaurants perfect for catching up with friends for brunch or dinner.
- The city is in easy reach and the airport also is only a mere 15 minutes away. Newmarket Train Station and buses connect the suburb to the city and other locations around Brisbane. The commute time on the train from Newmarket to the city is only 10 minutes. Newmarket is centrally located to roads that connect to the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast for weekends away.
Thinking about buying property in Newmarket? We are a specialist Newmarket Buyer’s Agent and are more than happy to have a chat. Please contact us to see if Newmarket is the right suburb for you.