Wilston reigns as one of Brisbane’s top inner northern suburbs. It is a highly sought-after postcode for families, young couples and professionals, including many medical professionals, due to its proximity to the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. Bordered by Grange, Windsor and Newmarket, all the action takes place in Wilston Village where there is a hub of boutiques, restaurants and cafes. Wilston is a conveniently located, quiet, leafy suburb with a vibrant village and beautiful homes that makes it a stand-out suburb for families looking for a place to live that is quiet yet conveniently located to the city, great schools and amenities.
Wilston is well located nearby all the top inner-city private schools as well as the prized Kelvin Grove Sate High School. Within the suburb itself it has the following schools:-
- Wilston State School
- St Columba’s Primary School
Families love the mix of old and new styles of architecture on offer in Wilston. They can find quintessential Queenslanders, charming workers’ cottages, and modern architect-designed homes. Elevated homes on Wilston Hill have spectacular views of the city and streets on this hill are the most coveted in the area for their panoramic views.
Why We Love Wilston
Wilston could easily be one of Brisbane’s most fabulous suburbs. Here is a list of our top reasons why we love it so much:
- Wilston residents can be in the city, which is only 3 kilometres away, in ten minutes either by car or train. Residents of Wilston are fortunate to have their very own train station making commuting in and out of this suburb a breeze.
- Wilston Village is the hub that draws locals and visitors to the suburb. Its restaurants, boutiques and cafes are the perfect meeting place for brunch or dinner with friends. Some popular favourites with locals include Willow & Spoon, Alcove Café and Deli, Café Kutea and Brooks & Stain.
- For a wider choice, residents can venture to nearby Newmarket and Windsor for more cafes, bakeries, restaurants and a cinema.
- There is no shortage of green space in Wilston with: Eldon Hill Reserve Walking Track, Bert Hinkler Park, Madsen Park, Finsbury Park home to Commercial Hockey Club and Gold Crest Cricket Club, Wilston Recreation Reserve – home to the Brisbane City Soccer Club and Beninca Oval a sporting field for various sports.
- The Enoggera Creek Bikeway follows the Enoggera Creek and runs through Wilston and is a popular cycle path for families wanting to cycle through the surrounding suburbs and a series of parks and playgrounds popular.
- The airport is less than 15 minutes away and Wilston is handy to both the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast highways for weekends away as well as the Airport Link Tunnel.
Thinking about buying property in Wilston? We are a specialist Wilston Buyer’s Agent and are more than happy to have a chat. Please contact us to see if Wilston is the right suburb for you.