Surrounded by Bushland
Where else can you live surrounded by three mountains, native bushland and national parks yet be able to be in the heart of the city in under 30 minutes? The Gap, just 10km north-west from Brisbane’s CBD, is where. Whilst it has always been popular with professionals and families for its proximity to the city and well-regarded schools, the Gap is now a focus for buyers looking for a more affordable, cleaner, and greener place to live.
The Gap is home to some exceptional properties as well as many affordable options. It remains largely a suburb of low-density housing on large-sized blocks with many post-war wooden and brick homes. Townhouses are popping up in certain pockets but there are very few units.
Compared to the Queensland average of 849 visits per property on realestate.com.au, properties in The Gap see around 1402 visits per property. The average house price for a five-bedroom property in The Gap is sitting at $1,110,000 compared with its neighbouring suburb, Ashgrove, which has an average price of $1,552,000 for the same. Houses in The Gap are in demand with prices increasing 26% from 2020-2021 for a five-bedroom house.
Why We Love The Gap
There’s so much to love about The Gap. Here a list of our top reasons why we love it so much:
- There are so many great schools in and near The Gap including Hilder Road State School, Payne Road State School, The Gap State High School, St Peter Chanel Primary School, Marist Brothers Ashgrove and Mt St Michaels Ashgrove.
- When you live in The Gap, the rainforest of D’Aguilar National Park (previously known as Brisbane Forest) is your backyard. Native birds, animals and peace and serenity are all around you. Oh, and did we mention the views? If mountain views are your thing, take your pick…you have Mt Cootha, Mt Glorious and Mt Nebo to choose from.
- If you’re into outdoor sports such as mountain biking, trail running or horse riding or if you’re a nature-lover who loves hiking then The Gap is the place to be. All the best trails are located here Mt Cootha and D’Aguilar National Park.
- If relaxing is more your thing, you have your pick of the most scenic bushland and park picnic and BBQ spots in Brisbane. Gap residents are spoilt for choice when it comes to enjoying a back-to-nature lifestyle.
- If water sports are more up your alley, The Gap also has its own exclusive swimming spot, the Enoggera Dam, where locals can swim, kayak, canoe, and stand-up paddle board.
- You get a real sense that community is why people love living in The Gap. With so many sports and clubs to join, is it any wonder? There’s something for everyone. Take your pick from one of these: The Gap Football Club, Little Athletics The Gap, The Gap Health & Racquet Club, The Gap Netball Club, and Wattle Creek Horse Riding School.
Thinking about buying property in The Gap? We are a specialist Brisbane Buyer’s Agent and are more than happy to have a chat. Please contact us to see if The Gap is the right suburb for you.