Located only seven kilometres from the city and taking pride of place alongside the Brisbane River, Indooroopilly (affectionally known by locals as ‘Indro’), is a significant area in the inner-western suburbs. Its mega shopping complex is the focal point and a bustling hub that services locals and draws in visitors from all over the western suburbs. Venture out a little further and Indooroopilly has a much more tranquil feel with parks aplenty, the river, bikeways and two premium golf courses. Top all this off with top schools, leafy suburban streets and great transport links, it’s really no wonder Indooroopilly is high on the list of favourite family pockets in Brisbane.
Not only is Indooroopilly home to some of the best schools in Brisbane there is even more great options to choose from in the neighbouring suburbs. It is no exaggeration to say that Indooroopilly families are spoilt for choice when it comes to matters of education and one of the main reasons families choose Indooroopilly as their home. Here are a list of government and private schools in the area:
- Indooroopilly State School
- Ironside State School
- Indooroopilly State High School
- Queensland Academy for Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Holy Family Primary School
- Ambrose Treacy College
- St Peter’s Lutheran College
- Brigidine College
- Brisbane Boys’ College
Indooroopilly offers idyllic family living in a prime position with a good mix of beautiful, old Queenslander homes on large blocks, high density contemporary apartments and exclusive properties with riverfront and golf course views. Homes in Indooroopilly are highly sought after.
Why We Love Indooroopilly
Indooroopilly is undoubtedly one of Brisbane’s best family suburbs. Here is a list of our top reasons why we love it so much:
- There is no shortage of parks and green spaces for Indooroopilly families to relax and get active in including: Sir John Chandler Park, Mansfield Park, Rainbow Forest Park, Carinya Park, Indooroopilly Recreation Reserve and the beautiful Indooroopilly Golf Club and St Lucia Golf Course.
- Locals never have to venture too far from home. Everything they need is on their doorstep including two cinemas and a mega shopping centre home to 330 specialty stores, major retailers and premium dining outlets.
- The suburb has an abundance of top schools. As well as being easily located near the University of Queensland St Lucia camp, education is the glue that binds this community together.Indooroopilly train station is a central hub for express trains transporting locals in 10 minutes to the city. There is also a bus interchange providing residents convenient links all around Brisbane. Indooroopilly has great access to the freeways and tunnels that lead to Brisbane city and out to Ipswich.
- Indooroopilly Riverwalk, the biggest bikeway in Brisbane, is a state-of-the-art off-road bikeway that offers Indro cyclists, walkers and runners a safe and efficient connection between the University of Queensland and Western Freeway Bikeway.
Thinking about buying property in Indooroopilly? We are a specialist Indooroopilly Buyer’s Agent and are more than happy to have a chat. Please contact us to see if Indooroopilly is the right suburb for you.