Situated between St Lucia, Toowong and Indooroopilly, Taringa is a much-loved inner north western suburb. Situated only six kilometres from the city Taringa is a leafy suburb that attracts families who are drawn to the area for all the excellent schools. Students are also drawn to the area to be near the university and professionals and retirees find it appealing for its proximity to amenities, nearby shopping centres, the river and golf course. All the action in Taringa takes place along Moggill Road which provides a strip of useful amenities and convenient access to its neighbouring suburbs, the city and the Western freeway. Taringa has a great sense of community and locals congregate at the parks and various cafes that are dotted throughout the area. The most popular ones being Abode, Clay Café, The Spot Specialty Café, and Forages Deli Café.
Although Taringa doesn’t have any schools of its own it is perfectly situated nearby some of the best schools in Brisbane including:-
- Indooroopilly State School
- Ironside State School
- Toowong State School
- Indooroopilly State High School
- Queensland Academy for Science, Mathematics and Technology
- Holy Family Primary School
- St Ignatius School
- St Peter’s Lutheran College
- Brigidine College
- Brisbane Boys’ College
Taringa has it all from apartments to gracious Queenslander homes. Many of the apartment developments are located along Swann Road which is a ridge that runs through Taringa and from here residents benefit from spectacular city views.
Why We Love Taringa
Taringa is one of the most sought-after postcodes in Brisbane. Here is a list of our top reasons why we love it so much:
- The suburb is surrounded by some of the best schools in Brisbane as well as being conveniently located near the University of Queensland St Lucia campus.
- It is easily located just ten minutes from the CBD and only minutes away from Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, a shopping, food and cinema mecca. Toowong Shopping Centre is also conveniently located nearby, as is the Brisbane River, its bikeways and walkways, and the Centenary Highway Bikepath.
- Taringa is leafy and offers great parks for families including Ada Street Park, Oakman Park, Jack Cook Memorial Park, Taringa Playground Park, and Whitmore Street Park. Indooroopilly and St Lucia Golf Clubs are located close by for local golfing enthusiasts.
- Taringa train station provides a quick link for commuters to the city. A bus line also operates to and from the suburb. Taringa also has great access to the freeway that leads to Ipswich.
Thinking about buying property in Taringa? We are a specialist Taringa Buyer’s Agent and are more than happy to have a chat. Please contact us to see if Taringa is the right suburb for you.